Monday, November 25, 2013

If I was on the Mayflower...

We've been learning about the first Thanksgiving feast at school, and how life was different for those early settlers, the Pilgrims. After sharing stories, our magazine and a short video,



we thought about what it might be like if we had to take a trip to a new land, and could only take 1 extra thing (not food, clothes or family) with us. Children on the Mayflower might have had only 1 simple toy, or book, or keep them busy for the whole journey. Thinking of which one thing to take took just a minute for lots of us- after all, we are used to shelves and closets full of things. But pretty soon everyone decided on that one special item that we would want to have with us. We put our ideas together into a new class book. Take a peek at the pages!

my leapster

my nerf gun

my big lovey

my cat Caspian

my horse Miki

my dolly Kit

my lightsaber

Luke Skywalker

my pink dolphin Lemonade

my tiger from Grandma Jean

my dog Dallas

0 comments:

Post a Comment